Take a look at all of the ways you can support He is Me mission to introduce Black men and boys to education.
Together, we can empower more Black men to lead from the blackboard.
P.A. Shaw Elementary
Boston Latin Academy
University of Massachusetts Boston
Your school not yet partnering with He is Me? Book a HIM Scooping Call with our Chief Program Officer.
Would you like to learn how to become a funding partner? Send an email to our Grants and Communications Manager.
The IAK program is a 24-week Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Teacher Discovery curriculum which takes place at our partner schools for 60-90 minutes per week.
● Black boys experience teachers
● Black Male college students are exposed to teaching
● Black male teachers are expanding their skills
● All participants are exploring their identities
● 10 middle school Black boys
● 1 Black male college student (Instructor Internship)
● 1 Black male teacher (Site Coordinator)
The Teach Local Fellowships provides opportunities to deepen the skills and passion needed to remain a teacher. There is a fellowship for college students and a fellowship for teachers.
College Teach Local Fellowship: College fellows automatically serve as an Instructor in a local I AM KING program.
● Graduating seniors
● Participate in an 8-week education and identity course
● Engage in monthly workshops
● Receive a stipend
● Supported to matriculate into teaching (via teacher residency or job placement)
● Graduate into our alumni network to receive ongoing career development
Black Male Educator (BME) Teach Local Fellowship: BME Fellows automatically serve as a Site Coordinator for IAK at their school.
● Have access to development from partner organizations
● May receive financial support to attend professional development opportunities
● Have access to job opportunities from partner schools
● Learn how to expand teaching and/or teacher leader skills
● No cost to students
● Living stipend provided
● Professional Development
● Career Connections
● Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Development for boys
● Mentoring boys
● Better positioned for Career
Current and aspiring Black male teachers can take this course in identity development through a culturally-relevant teaching framework and the lens of the Black American male experience..
Looking to bring He is Me Programs to your school or district? Schedule a HIM Program Scoping Call.
Want us to bring our programs to your students school? Download our Program Interest Kit for instructions on getting schools involved.